Hi fellow bookworms! I found this tag over at Howling Libraries. Destiny tagged everyone, so I considered myself tagged because this looked like a fun one!
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Probably one of my Harry Potter books- I’m not entirely positive though.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
My current read is The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy, my last read was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling, and my next read will be Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake!
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
I wouldn’t say hated, but I guess A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. On paper I should have loved it, but it just didn’t hit the mark for me.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I read about a quarter of it and keep telling myself I’ll go back, but in all honesty, I probably won’t.
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
Whatever I have left unread.
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
Wait till the end!!
7. Acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I’ve actually gotten really into reading the acknowledgments lately. I almost never finish a book without reading them now.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
A random Hogwarts student. For sure.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (place, time, person?)
The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen brings back extremely vivid memories of not being able to put it down, and literally bringing it with me backstage at my dance recital to continue reading until the last possible moment before I had to go onstage. Probably my first serious time “reading in the wings.”
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Ummmm.. I can’t really think of any that interesting. I did find a bunch of vintage Nancy Drew books at an antique store while doing a show in Maine!
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I love giving book presents!
12. Which book has been with you most places?
Harry Potter for sure. Especially now that I have the whole series on my Kindle.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Nope. To be fair, I didn’t re-read any of them so who’s to say?
14. Used or brand new?
Both. I love both for different reasons.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
All of them.
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
Yes! I liked The Help better as a film. The acting is just so spectacular and I thought the adaptation was so well done.
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
I have a couple friends who are usually pretty spot on with what I’ll like. I’m looking at you Kaley, Joey, and Allison!
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Stunning book.