What a great month! I was lucky enough to be performing and working in Guys and Dolls for the entire month with an absolutely incredible cast of people. I’m so sad to say goodbye to this show and these lovely humans, but I’m excited to get back to NYC and find out what’s next!
Favorite Book of the Month:
Goodreads Challenge: 15 of 50
A to Z Challenge: 7 of 26 (C, G)
Classics Club: 3 of 50 (Murder on the Orient Express– Review Post to come)
• Carry On by Rainbow Rowell • The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah •
• Blog Tour: The Torcian Chronicles: Defiance • Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Favorite Book Quotes • Currently Reading Tag • Top 10 Tuesday: Books That Surprised Me • Book Blogger Insider Tag • Top 10 Tuesday: Books on my Spring TBR • A-Z Bookish Survey Tag • Top 10 Tuesday: Books That Take Place in Another Country •
February was a crazy month for me! I started rehearsals for Guys and Dolls at the Fulton Theatre in Pennsylvania! Due to the fact that I’ve been super busy learning a new show and bonding with my amazing new cast mates, my reading and blogging has slowed down a bit. I still managed to read a few books, and only missed one Saturday post!
Favorite Book of the Month:
Goodreads Challenge: 11 of 50
A to Z Challenge: 5 of 26 (O, N)
Classics Club: 2 of 50 (Once again failed to read anything for this one…)
• The Oathing Stone by J.Z.N. McCauley • The Lonely Hearts Hotel by Heather O’Neill • Nature of the Witch by Helen T. Noorwood Blog Tour •
• Top 10 Tuesday: Books That Have Been on my TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read• Dreams Do Come True-Meeting My Favorite Author • Top 10 Tuesday: Literary Couples I Love to Love • Superlatives Book Tag • Top 10 Tuesday: Books I’m No Longer Interested in Reading • Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Could Re-read Forever •
And just like that, the first month of 2018 is over! It was a super busy month for me. Audition season is already in full swing, and I am preparing to leave for my next show in two weeks! I had an amazing reading month too. I read 7 books (my goal was 4), and read two of my new favorite books! Here’s to keeping this going in February!
Favorite Book of the Month:
(closely followed by Carry On by Rainbow Rowell)
Goodreads Challenge: 7 of 50
A to Z Challenge: 3 of 26 (F, H, P)
The Classics Club: 2 of 50 (I didn’t read any for this challenge this month… oops)
• King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard • The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert • Fracture by Nina Walker • Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman •
• Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 New to Me Authors I Read in 2017 • Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Meant to Read in 2017 • Top 10 Tuesday: My 2018 Bookish Goals/Resolutions • Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Liked but Can’t Remember Much About • Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Can’t Believe I Read • 2017 Bookish Overview • 2018 A to Z Challenge • Not All Tag •
Happy New Year everyone! Looking back, 2017 was a great year and I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in store! Thanks to everyone who made this year so special ❤
I started Reading in the Wings this year, and I have been loving it. The blogging community is incredible, and I can’t thank everyone enough for all of their support! My blogging has definitely had a positive impact on my reading experience, and it has opened me up to so many more books that I wouldn’t have found without it. So without further ado, here is my 2017 Bookish Overview!
Total Books Read: 45
Total Pages Read: 17,765
Favorite Book of the Year:
Least Favorite Book of the Year:
Goodreads Challenge: COMPLETE
My goal for this year was to read 35 book, and I read 45. Nailed it.
Classics Club Challenge: 2/50
I have read 2 of 50 classics from my list, but I still have about 4.5 years to finish this challenge. I plan to make a lot more headway on this in 2018. Check out my list here!
So here is to an AMAZING year! 2018, here we come!
I say it every month, but I honestly can’t believe how fast this month flew by. I just got back to NYC after spending an AMAZING Christmas with my family, and although I was sad to leave them, I am getting excited for what the new year has to bring! December was my first attempt at setting a concrete blogging schedule (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday), and I think I like how it’s working out so far. Here’s to hoping I can stick to it in the new year 🙂
Christmas Book Haul
• The Gwythienian by Savannah J. Goins • The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood • Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard •
• Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Fictional Bookish Settings I’d Love to Visit • Harry Potter Spells Tag • Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I Read in 2017 • This is My Truth Now Tag • Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I Hope Santa Brings • Cake Book Tag • Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I am Looking Forward to Reading in 2018 •
This year is just speeding by! I have my Christmas decorations up, and I am already getting into the holiday spirit. November was an amazing month! I took a week long blogging break when I went to London and Edinburgh with my best friend and absolutely fell in LOVE. I cannot wait to go back!
I had a great Thanksgiving with my boyfriend and his family, and I also made a pretty good dent on my ARC/TBR pile! I am putting myself on a book buying ban so I can keep going and get through the books I already have! I am SO excited to head home for the holidays to be with my family. In the mean time, I am auditioning like crazy and snuggling up with a big cup of hot chocolate, my current read, and my Christmas tree 🙂
• Remember for Me by Diana Tarant Schmidt • Prism by Nina Walker •
• Top 10 Tuesday: Ten Books I Can’t Wait to Read With My Future Children • Top 10 Tuesday: Books I am Thankful For • Top 10 Tuesday: Books On My Winter TBR • Fall For Books Tag •
I can’t believe October is already over! I was all over the place, visiting family and friends and watching my sister STAR as Elle Woods in her high school musical, so my blogging and reading was a little slow this month. I am getting ready to leave for LONDON with my best friend tonight, and most likely won’t be blogging much for the next two weeks either! All this traveling has thrown my blog “schedule” (HA HA) off a bit, but I am so excited and will for sure have some exciting things to share when I get back!
Sparked by Helena Echlin and Malena Watrous
Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Book Boyfriends
Emperor’s New Clothes Tag
Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Give Me The Fall Feels
Halloween Book Tag
Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Literary Characters I Would Dress As for Halloween
It’s finally fall! I have had a slow reading month this September, because I have been busy performing in A Chorus Line in Colorado! Although I’ll be sad to say goodbye to this beautiful show, I am ready to get back to NYC and kick my reading into gear again!
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
Bubblegum ARC by Sari Taurez
Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Were A Chore To Get Through
Top Ten Tuesday: Throwback to My Favorite YA Series
The Mystery Blogger Award
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR List
Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Feature Sisters